Refrigeration at Woolworths Group
Refrigeration is a key priority for keeping our food and drinks fresh in our stores, our refrigeration teams create proactive, efficient and responsive services to existing and brand new stores across Australia.
Our Facilities Management division oversee energy management and maintenance of refrigeration, heating and cooling systems to ensure our stores and what we sell are in optimum condition for our customers.
Our installation team are building environmentally sustainable refrigeration systems which offers industry leading technological solutions to reach our energy and environmental sustainability goals.
Why do we need more apprentices?
- Woolworths is committed to delivering on our 2025 sustainability targets, which includes reducing the environmental impact of how our stores operate, to do this we need more technicians to install and maintain this cutting edge technology.
- We are committed to supporting the refrigeration industry to build greater diversity and inclusion for the “Fridgies” of tomorrow
- To do this we are rolling out a multi year plan to hire outstanding apprentices each year to fulfill these goals.
What to expect?
- 4 years of training both on the job and at your registered training organisation (RTO).
- 8 weeks formal training at TAFE per year for the first 3 years, with the final year of the apprenticeship learning full time on the job.
- Everyday working alongside experienced tradespeople who will assist and support you in your learning and Development.
- There is a thorough recruitment process, including psychometric testing, and panel style interviews to ensure we find the best suited people who understand what to expect and how we will work together to set them up for success
Applications for our 2024 intake have now closed
We'd love to hear from you, if you would like to learn more about this opportunity or express your interest please email us - email@example.com or express your interest using this form.
Watch the videos below of our apprentices talk about their experience working at the Woolworths Group.
Who we are looking for?
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to the full Apprenticeship lifecycle incorporating on and off job training
- An ability to travel to and work at different sites, and even from site to site through the day
- An understanding that some work could involve working nights, weekends and on regional projects
- High attention to detail with good numerical and mechanical reasoning skills
- Somebody who is looking for a physically active career
- Pre-vocational training such as the Cert II Electrotechnology is highly regarded but not essential
- A current valid Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence or learning to drive
- Confidence to speak and engage with people
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Jacob Kuhn, Service Apprentice QLD
I am enjoying the variety of jobs and problems you can solve in a day. Everyday has been something different and new, it really keeps things fresh and interesting.
Rachel Briggs, Installation Technician VIC
I can’t believe how fun this role is and that I get paid to do this!
Joshua Quin, Installation Technician NSW
If you enjoy learning new skills everyday and probably for the rest of your career! This is the job for you. You will be surrounded by the best tradesman/tradeswomen in the business and you will be given some great opportunities to apply yourself if you really want to get stuck in. You only get out what you put in!
Sophie Anderson, Service Technician NSW
I’m surprised by the diversity of the tasks that we are attending and the wide range of skills used and needed by the technicians. There is a lot to learn!